Thursday, July 9, 2009

38 weeks...

So only two more weeks until my due date of July 23rd, although yesterday I went to the doctor and when she checked me I was already dialated to a 3 and 80% effaced. My next appointment is next Thursday but my doctor said she might see me before that. I am getting very excited to meet this new baby and I am even more excited that I am almost halfway dialated and I haven't really felt anything yet.
So here is my bare belly which may frighten some people but I wanted to document it.
I feel like I haven't done a great job of documenting this pregnancy. I have felt really great the last few weeks, especially since the weather has been consistently nice. We have been able to get out and go for walks, runs and bike rides and that has made all the difference. Indie likes being outside as much as I do so we both have been loving it. We got Cherry Hill passes again this year so we have been doing a lot of swimming and I have been getting a little sun which makes a huge difference too. You always feel better when your tan, even if you are 35 pounds heavier than normal!

This baby is a kicker to say the least. I remember Indie kicking a little bit and I could feel her little feet on my left side. This baby kicks the heck out of me on my right side and digs her little feet into my ribs. She is having a party in there, especially at about 4 a.m.

I have had really bad heartburn. I get charlie horses in my legs while sleeping. I have been really uncomfortable at night. And I have really been missing sleeping on my back or stomach. Sometimes I wake up in the night on my back or stomach and maybe that is why I am really uncomfortable. I remember all of this happening with Indie so I guess it is just a part of being preggo.

Well I guess that is my update. And when I do pop, this blog will be the first to know...stay tuned.

7 comments:

Loni and Tyler said...

Cute belly Jess! Can't wait! You will have to let me know how to prevent stretch marks...

Nicole said...

that nakkid belly is beeeutiful. :)

Lindsey Smith said...

I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to meet baby smith #2. Do we have a name picked out yet?

Hannah Stayner said...

you look so good. my belly sticks out twice as far as yours and I still have a month left! I totally hear you as far as those dang charlie horses. The other night I seriously FLEW out of bed cause I had such a bad one in my foot. oh the joy of pregnancy! I cant wait to see her!

Kim Smith said...

Love that beautiful bump! Love the little girl that is doing all the thumping. Can't wait til we can hold her too!! Anxious right alone with you. Counting the days...G'ma

bevany said...

Seriously? How do you not have stretch marks? You look great! Good luck and I hope she comes sooner than later. I had major charlie horses with all of my pregnancies too. They're the worst.

Hannah Stayner said...

not that I expect you to have already blogged about it but Im dying to see pictures!!! congrats Jess, im sure she is beautiful and I love her name!