Wednesday, August 26, 2009
We took another trip to Pineview during Tony's break. We went with Allie, Madelyn, Erinne and the kids. The weather was much cooler and quite windy so only Tony swam but it was still a nice, relaxing day on the beach.
Please notice Indie's muff in this picture. The wind was blowing it all forward and she looked like Hans Klopeck.
Foo Fi playing in the sand.
I love Pineview. It is far enough away to feel like you are getting away but close enough for a day trip. I wish we went there more often.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
To kick start Tony's break we took a jaunt to Hogle Zoo with Alicia, Neil, Allie, Jessie and all ten kids. But thanks to Indie and a little stroller drama we experienced a zoo and just happened to see some animals too.
At the time we didn't have a double stroller so we brought two single strollers, however, Indie insisted on either walking everywhere or being held only by me. We ended up pushing an empty stroller while holding Indie or chasing after her. In the end we folded one stroller up and put it on top of the other and looked pretty ridiculous with that wide load. We have since got a double jogger.
Here are some pictures from our adventure.
Me, Leash and the kids.
Indie loves sticking her tongue out to feel wind. If there is even a small breeze her tongue will be out. There were huge fans with misters attached to them blowing throughout the zoo and Indie loved cooling down in front of them...tongue out, of course.
This little guy is new to the zoo and is so cute. He looks little but is probably as tall as Tony.
Tony and the girls.
This was, by far, our favorite part of the day. The baby meerkats were one month old.
The meerkat and Indie were having a staring contest.
Indie just kept touching the glass and it would come right up to her. It was so funny.
Tony took this sweet shot of this big guy.
Luckily Eden did a lot of sleeping while we were there. Look at those long fingers.
So what started out a little rough turned out to be a fun day.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
1. I started writing Tony while he was on his mission in Mexico, having never met him before that. We wrote for six months before actually meeting.
2. I am horrified of car accidents, earthquakes, bears and sharks.
3. I have had 11 different sets of stitches in my life and that doesn't include about 7 other sets from surgeries. I was kind of accident prone as a kid.
4. I could play Ticket to Ride into the wee hours of the night if it weren't for my little red-headed alarm clock. I love that game.
5. I don't swear. It's not for lack of knowing how (I am a Rigby) I just got out of the habit and don't do it anymore. I only swear when I am really, really mad.
6. My "love language" is service.
7. I am a total germ freak. I wash my hands a hundred times a day and I think it is disgusting when people don't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom.
8. I weighed 11 pounds when I was born.
9. I would love to be a home organizer and my dream job is to work with Peter Walsh on Clean Sweep.
10. I grew up camping, hunting and fishing. I can shoot guns, gut a fish and field dress a deer better than any boy my dad could have hoped of having.
11. I love reality t.v.
12. I rub my feet together until I fall asleep at night.
13. Being a mom is my greatest accomplishment.
14. It is a toss up what I love more...food or sleep.
15. I am a psycho without the above mentioned food and sleep.
16. I think toilet plungers are the most disgusting necessities.
17. My favorite part of my pregnancies is feeling the baby kick.
18. I am the shortest of my two sisters and I am just shy of 5'11''.
19. I will run a marathon one day.
20. Tivo has revolutionized my life and whoever came up with assigned movie theater seating is a genius.
21. I backpacked through Europe when I was 18 and again when I was 19 with my sister and cousins. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I can't wait to go back with Tony. I have been to the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the Netherlands. I was even propositioned in a red light district in Amsterdam...thanks Adam.
22. I love to swim and would go everyday if I could. I am just as comfortable in water as I am on land.
23. I have a unique relationship with my family and extended family. I consider them my best friends.
24. I am really proud to have a college degree.
25. The gospel is the only thing that makes sense to me in this crazy life.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
I am 28.
We spent the day at Pineview...
Our attempt at a family picture...
I love how Eden is upset...
And I love how Indie is touching Tony's face...
As we were driving to the lake we passed a house that is obviously owned by people that have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Their house was beautiful with a huge yard and an amazing pool. I guess that wasn't enough so they went ahead and bought 4 fake cows and one fake person to place in the yard. That's right...they're fake...
Anywho, we bomped by Chris' at the bottom of Trappers Loop for shakes and headed home. Alicia offered to watch Indie for us and Tony took me to The Proposal and to dinner at McGrath's.
It was a great day.
Luckily it was a much better day than my last birthday.
Monday, August 3, 2009
For the next 3 weeks, I've got this guy all to myself. No work. No school.
The only question is, what are we going to do to live it up during his break?
Here is our to do list:
The Treehouse Children's Museum
Splash Pad at the Gateway
Splash Pad in Ogden
Bike the Legacy Parkway Trail
Hike Adams Canyon
Did I miss anything? I need your input. What are some fun things to do in Utah, in the summer, with two kids in tow?!?