Sunday, April 11, 2010

1st day of pre-school...

Indie had her first day of pre-school on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day. She is in a program called "young 3" at a local elementary where she will finish out the school year with other kids that just turned 3 years old. School will be held twice a week for an hour and a half. I think this will be a perfect transition for her into longer class time next fall.

Here is our big girl, dressed in green and ready for her big day, back pack and all.
She had a small meltdown about 5 minutes before we walked out the door. I hadn't scheduled out our day very well and she had missed her nap so I thought we were hosed.

Once we got to the school she calmed right down. She headed into class and never looked back. I had to hold back the tears. I am so proud of Indie.
Her teacher is adorable and said she did great.

All that schooling makes a girl thirsty.

Sorry for the picture overload but I thought they were all so darling.
All tuckered out on the way home.
Due to spring break, vacation and sickness, Indie missed a few weeks so tomorrow will be her second day. I am really excited for this next step, and I think Indie will continue to grow and learn during this new adventure.

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

So cute, love her outfit.

J said...

She looks so grown up, great pictures.

Lindsey Smith said...

Oh I had a little tear in my eye as well when I looked at those WONDERFUL pics. What a SWEET little mutt. Cute, Cute!!!

Cortney said...

She is so darling. Her outfit is adorable. I had a dream about her last night, she wanted to play with me all day long, it was a good dream indeed. Welcome back to the blogging world, you've been missed. It's time to game it up.

Chelsea Covington said...

She is so so so cute! So grown up, and adorable!

Joan said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! She has my heart and always will. So cute!

Kim Smith said...

So proud of our Little School Girl! Is there any more adorable pre schooler in the whole world? NO!!
Heart melting at her "all grown up and ready to rock" pics!
What fun this new adventure will be. Happy for you all. Proud of brave Mommie too!!
Looking forward to update details... Grammie

Geoffrey said...

Oh my. So adorable. Her hair! Can't believe that gorgeous color.

Tyrel said...

Jack and I looked at this post together and we loved it! All the emotions of going to the first day of pre-school for Indi and mom. (I cried when Havyn went to her first day of pre-school). But, it is nice to have a little extra time when they are away. She is so cute!

Nicole said...

could she BE any more adorable!?!?!?

The Bruces said...

She is super cute... I remember when she was born I cant believe how fast it goes... I love her Red hair I always thought I would get one for sure with Nate and his fam having red hair but no such Luck :( and since I am done having kids I will not ever have my red head!

Alissa said...

She looks all grown up! Darling.