Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot bread Z...

The best five dollars I ever spent...
I bought a bread machine at a yard sale (don't worry, I kind of knew the person so I am not scared of what they may have done to it) and it has rocked our world.

This machine has given our family delicious bread and me a sense of accomplishment in the housewifery department.

The easy recipe...

1 cup hot water
1/3 cup of powdered milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cube of butter
3 to 3 1/2 cups of flour

Throw all the ingredients in, push start and bring on the delicious smell of homemade bread.

3 comments:

Cortney said...

I love homemade bread. My mom would try and make it every Sunday, we would wake up to the delicious smell.

Jessie said...

i need a $5 housewifery fix.

that looks delicious!

Kim Smith said...

I can smell it all the way to my house. You are The Housewifery Wonder!