Monday, November 17, 2008

Go Blackjacks...

In August, my cousin Chelsea called to see if we were interested in joining a family/Fusion softball team.  I happen to fit in both of those categories so we were in.  

We got cute matching team shirts, had a practice and thought we were ready to rock.

I probably should have written this post earlier in our season when we were still feeling optimistic.  But as you can see by the big "zero" we are making in the picture, we didn't win a single game.  That's right, not a single one.  We got worked big time, and not just by a few points, we're talking 10 or 20 points.
Here's the team:
Brad, Me, Tony, Kipp, Megan, Chelsea, Joey, Cortney, Rodger
Bob, Lindsey and Landon
Not pictured: Lydia, Summer, Kari and Dave

On the up side I discovered my husband's hidden talent of hitting a mean home run.
Even with the support of our cheering section we couldn't pull out a win...
Not only did we get our aces kicked but we also got injured, and I mean a lot.  Poor Cort took a grounder that bounced up right to the eye...
Dave and Joey pulled their hami's
Landon got hit in the chest with the ball
And Kipp broke his wrist

Who knew the city league would be like unto the majors.  The other players meant business and we were way out of our league (enjoy the pun).

Needless to say, we will not be playing next year.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Just teasing! It looks like fun either way to me!

Preston and I want to start a co-ed team....does this mean you aren't in?

Jacki said...

It was still very fun to go and be there with everyone!! You all did great! Love MOM

Kim Smith said...

I feel like the real looser here...since my score was the same as your seasons...a big fat ZERO for attending and being in the cheering section. Sorry for not being a better support. Love that you all gave it your best effort, but sad there were so many injuries. Go...Black-eyed Jacks!!