Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5...

...well not quite.

I have a really sweet job.

I work for a company called Fusion Imaging.  It is a large format printing company.

You may recognize downtown SLC during the 2002 Winter Olympics, yeah we pretty much made all of that stuff.  The huge signs on the buildings, that was us... 
Our most recent venture...
...all the signs for the Body Worlds exhibit at The Leonardo downtown.

Here's the story.

About two years ago I was tired of the commute downtown so my cousins husband Joey got me a job at Fusion.  I worked full time until I had Ind, which was only about 6 months.  I took a few months off and went back to a very part time position.  I l.o.v.e. it.  They are so flexible with my schedule, I can go in as much or as little as I want...as long as I get my work done.  Sometimes I just bomp in for 3 or 4 hours a day, 2 or 3 times a week, and call it good.  It is great. 

I work in the accounting department so I get to see every job that goes out of that place.  And some are quite incredible.  I am in charge of a report that tracks what we sell and for how much.  Then, based off of that report, I track how much our salespeople make.  But don't even bother asking, because my lips are sealed.

So for all of the die-hard SAHM's out there that are cringing at the fact that I work, I must say this is not a permanent position.  I plan to, one day, stay home with my kids.  In the mean time I am contributing some money to the family until Ton starts making the big bucks (fingers crossed).  I will have you know that Ind is always with either Tony, Grandma Kim, Grandma Jack or Leash.  

It has been a great experience for Tony and Indie to have this time together.  They have created a strong bond that I think some guys unfortunately miss out on.  Tony can care for Indie as well as I can.  I love that.  And I love the peace of mind I have while I am at work, knowing she is in good hands.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds like the perfect job. And I do agree that Tony and Indie seem to have a special relationship!

I remember those humongous posters during the Olympics...they were amazing!

bevany said...

Good post. I worked full time until Keigan was three years old. I always hated when SAHMs would act so shocked that I worked...like I did it because I didn't want to stay at home. You do what you gotta do, right? It sounds like a great job to have if you have to work!