Monday, April 13, 2009

I was out voted...

Since Indie was a tiny baby Tony has wanted to pierce her ears.  He served his mission in Mexico and thought it was the cutest thing that all the babies had their ears pierced.  I, on the other hand, thought she was much too little and wanted to wait.  I said, "let's wait until she's one," and then when she turned one I said, "let's wait until she's two."  

About 3 weeks before Christmas we were eating dinner at my parents house and my mom said, "why haven't you pierced Indie's ears yet?"  I didn't really have a great reason so we decided to take a vote.  Tony, mom, Leash, Lyd and Chlo all voted in the affirmative while me, dad and Mad (I don't think she knew what she was voting for) voted against it.  So we decided to go for it.

As you will see in the videos she barely made a peep.  The only part she didn't like was when we had to hold her head still.  And, as it turns out, I really love her ears with a little bling in them.  






It has taken me forever to post these videos because blogger was being very tempermental but thanks to Mindi I now know how to post videos via youtube.  

So bring on all the videos.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Those videos are adorable! I love how to watch her clapping...so cute!!

Jacki said...

Sooo cute! Love MOM

Cortney said...

I loved watching those. She's adorable. Just so happy, she could clap all day:)

Loni and Tyler said...

How cute is that!!! I cannot wait to have little girls for that reason!

Mindi said...

Wow, Jess that was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm so glad you got those videos to work (and glad it was you calling me and not Joseph Smith--'cause that might be too strange).

Lindsey Smith said...

i love little girls with pierced ears! riley is the one agains it but he will be out voted. indie looks so cute:)

Kim Smith said...

Love the Brave "Bling" Babe!! Now she can wear Grandma's "ice!" What a trooper. Grandma Jac...you are brave and very good!

Hannah Stayner said...

oh my gosh! I cried when I got my ears peirced... and I was 18!

bevany said...

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while. Fist of all, did you see my post about Mia getting her ears pierced? TOTALLY different experience. Is she like immune to pain, or what? Very cute videos! And, who do you know that has a piercing gun? Maybe I'll have them do Keigans ears :)