Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pushing 30...

Okay not really, but getting close.

I turned 27 on August 4th.

Let me tell you, it was a rough day.  I am not sure if it was because: A. I had to work.  2. I am getting old.  Or C. I place too much emphasis on birthdays and they just turn out to be regular days.  But I ended up crying most of the day.

When I was little my mom always said, "don't cry on your birthday," but I guess because I know I am not supposed to, I always do.  So yeah, I had to work, only for a few hours but long enough to suck and to get the tears flowing.  In all of my 27 years I have never had to work on my birthday and I hope it never happens again.  My friends decorated my office so that made it a little bit better.

In order to salvage the day, we got some food and headed to Cherry Hill with family and friends.
Chlo helped me blow out my pretend candles.
In the end, it was a good day... all things considered.

A few weeks later we had cake and ice cream at mom and dads to celebrate mine and Little Kev's birthdays.  
His birthday was 8-8-08.

Here's to next year being a better day.

6 comments:

allie said...

wow, I hope I never get that old.

bevany said...

I turned 28 the day AFTER you turned 27. It sucks getting old.

sarita said...

Girl, I feel your pain, except instead of pushing thirty, I AM thirty.

Kim Smith said...

We had just better make sure that you are NOT working on your d-day next year. Maybe you will get lucky and your husband may send you to Mexico! It's fun to think about anyway!?

Cortney said...

I'm sorry Jess, just keep telling yourself you look FANTASTIC for 27 and Indie is so very cute.

Sarah said...

I agree on he getting older. I have also come yo find that Birthdays are regular old days, and it stinks. My Mother didn't treat it that way when I was a kid, but from about 15 on I was either babysitting or working. I am impressed you made it that long with out working. Lets hope for Mexico next year. Also it could be worse I had just had a baby four days before my # 27....