Monday, January 25, 2010

You ain't got no alibi...

For our annual Christmas party with the McKean family we opted for an ugly sweater theme complete with a contest for the ugliest. We ate delicious soup in bread bowls, played games, exchanged gifts and finished off the night with fondue.

Here are a few of the contestants...
Tony and I searched high and low for Christmas sweaters but to no avail. We went with the classic tie dye and toys 'r' us kid sweaters from my childhood.
We found this little gem at D.I. I saw it from afar and knew we had to own it. Indie ended up winning the contest because of it.
Another shirt from my childhood, although this one I don't consider ugly, just hilarious. I found this Rainbow Brite shirt while rummaging through our old doll clothes. I promptly pulled it out and hung it in Eden's closet.
Parker had his hair parted to the side, it really added to his circa 1987 sweater.
Jessica, looking classy in her gold leaf Christmas apparel.
Annelee in a rather cute sweater, not quite ugly enough to win.
Greg was feeling the Christmas spirit in a duo that looked like he pulled it right from my great aunt's closet. Sparky took another route. He decided to tease all the Ute lovers in the family by wearing red. I'll be honest, Tony had the same idea but couldn't find a BYU sweatshirt in time.
Mi familia...
The Smith Family
I believe this is the only picture we have of our entire family. I guess it's okay we are wearing ugly sweaters and crowns.
The McKean Family
Greg, Jimmy, Mandi, baby "O" in utero, Sparky and Annelee
The whole family...and it only took about 9 attempts to get it.
It was a great night spent with great people.



***



By the way, during this party I received this new baby. Come spring 2010 I'll be hittin' the links and smackin' the hell out of it.

6 comments:

Tyrel said...

I love the idea of having an ugly sweater party. Indie for sure rocked hers. I also love that you said Hell in your post! We will have to start a girls golf club and make the men take us when they go.

Lindsey Smith said...

That is hilarious!!! I really couldn't pick the worst one, they were all SO BAD. Cute, CUte!!

Rondell said...

Y'all got some good tastes in Christmas clothes. TYREL! WHAT YOU MEAN THEM SWEATERS UGLY?

bevany said...

Love it. Eden's is my fave. I LOVED Rainbow Bright.

Kim Smith said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! Fabulous post and the most wonderful pictures! Ugly sweaters, crowns and all - what adorable COMPLETE family photos!! YES! Love Indie rocking the sweater and my shoes! Love your little family pic! Love "Rainbow Eden!" The story behind that find is the best part! That was a fun and memorable evening. Thanks for documenting it for us all.
I too love that you said HELL in your post! Any girl who will be able to hit like Hell with that new driver should be able to say it.
Love you and the laughter this brought me at the end of a long day. SGFU !!

Cortney said...

What a great party. Ugly sweater party's truly are the best. I need to learn to golf so I can say "hell" on my blog.