Saturday, August 16, 2008

The final chapter...

Day 7
August 11

Get ready for a picture fest.  I couldn't help it.  We took a gagillion pictures so it was hard to narrow it down to just these.  This was our favorite day by far.  We drove about 2 hours to Cannon Beach (where they filmed Goonies) and spent the day frolicking in the ocean.




Indie's first step in the ocean.










Tony and Meagan had a great time body surfing in the ocean.  I went out for a while but then chickened out.  My fear of sharks/undertoe got the better of me.  Plus if the water wasn't subzero it might be more enticing.



Haystack Rock is in the background.



After the beach we headed to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  It is a lactose intolerant's nightmare but my dream come true.  Cheese, cheese everywhere.  Those are 40 pound blocks of cheese floating around.


After the tour of the factory you get to taste several types of cheese.  Then you can go to the store and buy as much cheese, ice cream, milk, yogurt, etc. as you want.
  

The traditional picture by the ship outside of Tillamook.


We visited the Cape Meares Lighthouse and Tony got some fabulous shots.  Notice the looming mist in the trees.  As we were driving a huge female elk was standing in the road.  I could not believe all the wonderful things we were seeing. 








Day 8
August 12

This was the beautiful view we woke up to every morning, I could lift my head from my pillow and see directly out the window.


The last morning we were there, we woke up to find two deer eating blackberries in Aunt LeAnne's orchard.


We planned on leaving at 8 a.m. but decided to sleep in so we wouldn't be tired for the 11 hour drive home.  We left at 11 a.m. and the drive went okay until about the eighth hour.  Indie realized that if she made herself throw up we would have to pull over, take her out of her seat, and clean her up.  She took full advantage of this little fact.  Later my friend pointed out that maybe she was car sick.  I hope that was not the case, I would feel really bad.  We finally made it home at 11 p.m.  Home sweet home. 

The End.


P.S.

LeAnne and family,
Thank you for opening your home to us, feeding us and entertaining us.  We seriously had a blast and loved that we were able to see so many beautiful things.  It was such a relaxing vacation and was just what we needed.  Thank you.

We love you so much,
T, J & I


2 comments:

Cortney said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. It makes me want to go. The pictures were beautiful, I loved the one of Indie naked on the beach with Tony's favorite pose of her. Pretty great.

Kim Smith said...

I feel like I have been on vacation too looking at your beautiful photos. My favorites are "Swinging Indie" and "Nakie on the Beach!" Glad you had such a great time. Thank heaven for FAMILY!