Monday, August 18, 2008

Our little getaway...

Over the weekend of August 2nd and 3rd we headed to Northern Utah with Tony's mom, the McKeans, and the Bentleys.

a.k.a. the SmiKeanLeys

We spent Saturday morning golfing in Brigham City.
This is where Tony found his ball after 10 minutes of searching...silly us, we were actually looking on the ground.
This was a little flashback in time.  We went to Crystal Hot Springs, I haven't been there in probably 20 years and the place looked exactly the same.  So see the slides in the background?  That is where I almost killed my daughter.  The sign said only one person at a time but I saw a lady going down with her kid so I figured it would be fine, I do it at Cherry Hill all the time, right? I've never been so wrong.  I should've taken a test run without the child first.  It was one wild ride, in fact, I don't know how they allow children at all.  One time I was riding alone and got so much air my entire body was off the slide.  Anyways back to the story.  So we start going down and we are going faster and faster and I am screaming louder and louder.  I realize I need to slow this train down, so I stick my legs up on the sides of the tube.  Well right before we get rocketed out at the bottom there is a small turn just big enough to send us flying.  Remember how we are not supposed to get water in Indie's ears?  Well I basically dunked her completely.  Luckily I had a death grip on her and she was only under for a second.  I was so scared, but she survived and didn't seem to mind it at all. 
We went to Maddox for dinner where I ate more biscuits and cornpones then I should admit.  It was delicious.
Ind fell asleep snuggled up with grandma Lee Lee.
Sunday morning we drove to beautiful Bear Lake.  I love it there, I have since I was a kid when I would go there with my best friend and her family.  It is magical.
Tony and Sparky went golfing while we went to Merlins for lunch.  Sadly LaBeaus wasn't open on Sunday, Merlins was good but it doesn't hold a candle to LaBeaus.  Then we went swimming and the boys met up with us later to do some more swimming.  It was a perfect day for the beach.




Thanks for the memories...another great trip.

No comments: