Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tonight...


Tonight I sat by the light of my Christmas tree and listened to Mannheim Steamroller's Stille Nacht.  From where I sat I could see greeting cards from wonderful family members and friends.

Tonight I fed and rocked my baby to sleep in our cozy living room.  I stared at the milk running down her cheek and little boogies in her nose.  I traced her round cheeks, button nose and perfect little lips with my finger.

Tonight I looked up at my beautiful nativity scene.  I saw Mary holding baby Jesus.

Tonight I cried.

Tonight I am blessed.

Tonight I am happy.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm happy and teary just reading this. So sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas!

Darla said...

Perfect. Just perfect. Thanks, Jess. Merry Christmas!

Jacki said...

Yes you are!!! Love you MOM
We all are!

Kim Smith said...

Tonight, I am grateful...for you, Tony and precious little Indie. Thank you for the reminder that we all have so much to be thankful for - and thank you for the trip into overflowing emotion. Love you so!!