Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Viva La Vida...

Months ago we decided to splurge a little and buy tickets to our favorite band Coldplay.  On November 22nd we went to the ol' Energy Solutions Arena to see the show.  To be honest I was more than a little nervous after watching this on SNL that the show wouldn't be worth the dough...I couldn't have been more wrong.  It was worth every penny, especially when the band ended up about 40 feet from us singing a few numbers.  My feelings were only reaffirmed when Ton leaned over to me halfway through and said it was the best concert he had ever been to.  So they truly rocked the house, it was amazing.  Tony's favorite song from their last album X & Y is Fix You, luckily they played it and all of his dreams came true.  My favorite of the night was Lovers in Japan, while they played it thousands of confetti butterflies rained down onto the stage.  Even when they ended with Yellow, my least favorite song (too overplayed and not even their best song, kind of like David Gray's Babylon) it was amazing.  I had the chills.  

The worst part of the night was when I didn't bring my camera after reading cameras weren't allowed on the ticket stub.  I think I was the only joker who followed that rule because everyone else had theirs.  Here is the only pitiful cell phone picture I got the whole night...
See I wasn't kidding, 40 feet away.

From start to finish, it was an incredible show and I would highly recommend anyone who loves Coldplay to see their show at least once in their life.  You won't regret it.


Click here to see some snipits of the show.
Click here to read a really funny post about their show in Arizona.


Speaking of good concerts...
We hit another Missy Higgins concert a few months back, and yes, she still remains our favorite female artist.  I love her, not like a lot of the girls at her concert love her, but still love her.  Another crappy picture...  
Joshua Radin opened for her and I had only heard one of his songs before the concert but he was surprisingly great, very mellow but still great.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am really jealous. I mean really....I LOVE coldplay.

Cortney said...

Wow, you go to a lot of concerts. I love Coldplay as well.

Kim Smith said...

Glad it was worth every cent! I was glad you went for another very selfish reason - I got Indie!! Love that we saw Missy Higgins together and that you brought her into my life. Fun times!!