Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

At about 4:30 in the morning, I was awakened by Indie crying.  It was not her normal "I am going to cry for a minute and then go back to sleep" cry, it was more like a "something's not right, you better come check on me" cry.  I found her covered in throw up with poopy pants.  I quickly cleaned her up, changed her sheets, fed her and rocked her back to sleep.  As I sat there rocking, the thought came to me that "this is my work and my glory..." to be a mother.  

I was born to be a mother.  

I can happily say that motherhood has sat well with me.  My pregnancy and delivery were the most wonderful, amazing, and spiritual times in my life.  I, along with Tony and my Heavenly Father, created the most amazing person I have ever met and every time I hold Indie I feel as close to heaven as I can here on earth. 

Looking back, I realize that everything I learned in my life helped me to be a better mother and I was taught by the best example I could ask for...my own mother.  Thank you for molding me in to the best mother I could be.

Last night as I held my little angel in my arms, I couldn't help but think, I can't wait to do it all again.




By the way, I asked for three things for Mother's Day and I got all three...

2. A hot bath wherein I could shave my legs
3. Time to actually do my hair

I am pretty easy to please.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Your hair looks great, Indie is adorable, and motherhood looks wonderful on you! I'm glad you were able to feel so happy amongst all of the poo. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

Jacki said...

My greatest reward are my children!! Love you and the Mother that you have become!! Love MOM

Chelsea Covington said...

Love the hair, wish I had time to do my own and I don't even have kids yet! :) You are a wonderful Mother!!

Kim Smith said...

You WERE born to be a mother - an amazing one by the way. So proud of you and the adorable caring mother you are.
You really are easy to please. That is just one of the many things I love about you!!

Joan said...

You can always bring me to tears. Your comment about being a mother was so amazing. What a perfect little mother! Love you oh and P.S. such dang cute pictures of the graduation day.!

Hannah Stayner said...

holy crap thanks for making me cry...