Thursday, May 22, 2008

I heart Missy...

Last night we went to the 
Mason Jennings/Brett Dennen/Missy Higgins concert
at the Paladium downtown.

It was freaking amazing to say the least.

We were about 10 feet from her the whole time.  I wanted to cry, she was so amazing.
Tony yelled, "Salt Lake loves you," and she looked right at him.

I had never heard of Brett Dennen but besides the fact that he looked like a man dressed as a woman, his bassist looked like a woman dressed as a man, and his drummer looked like Woody Harrelson from Kingpin...
these guys were seriously rockin'.  I couldn't believe that voice was coming from that person.  Check out some of their stuff here, here and here.  

Mason was awesome.  Easy on the eyes and easy on the ears.  I love his lyrics.  He was practically looking right at my camera here.
He has a female bassist, pretty sweet.
Here's everybody that went.
Here we are looking like grease kitties, but I guess that is what you get after rockin' out for 4 hours in a smelly sweaty bar.

Adding to the list of things to do before I die...

Meet Missy Higgins

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

To my favorite "Grease Kitties"...Jess, you are the bomb!Love this post. You got some great photos!! It was a fun night. Thank heaven for a stool to sit on. I never would have lasted standing that long. Oh..the blessings of youth. Fun memory!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there! I guess Im a wuss cause everyone I would trust to babysit smith was there with you guys!