Sunday, May 31, 2009

Say it ain't so...

Sadly, our very favorite place for ice cream/my favorite place for a cheap quick lunch has, out-of-the-blue, gone out of business.    

Jake's Over the Top/Taco Maker closed their doors after over 12 years.  You can imagine how shocked we were to hear of its closing.

I guess there won't be anymore bean burritos or "you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" going on at our house...but maybe that is a good thing.

Now the search is on for a delicious shake place to replace our beloved Jakes.

5 comments:

nicole said...

I heard they are out of business because of a mission call, also there is a jakes in centerville, right off the exit.

Kim Smith said...

Don't think we ever need to worry about "you thinkin what I'm thinkin?" !! You will however need to find a new shake place.

bevany said...

There's nothing else really that great around here...Pace's is good, but I've never had a shake there. Maybe you should make the switch to Rainbow Snows...those are the best!

Loni and Tyler said...

What a disaster... I am truly heart broken. Thanks for the bad news.

Jacki said...

Carmel cashew is gone!!! Love Mom