Thursday, June 11, 2009

I could see the headlines...


An Entire Family Dies at Disneyland

When I was in junior high my entire Rigby side of the family took a trip to Disneyland.  For some reason we thought it would be fun if all nine of us rode on Splash Mountain.  To be entirely honest, I seriously thought we were going to die.  It didn't help that everyone kept saying we are going to die and that Uncle Stan went into great detail of how it was going to happen.  I think I even cried.  I envisioned us flying off the track right into the Rivers of America.  We were taking in water before we even went down the big hill.  It was horrifying.  But as you can see I lived, and for that matter, we all did.  Soaked and scared, I continued on with my Disneyland adventure.  But  hey, we got a pretty hilarious picture out of it. 

7 comments:

Chelsea Covington said...

No way that even happened! Why is this the first time I have heard of this? Classic!!!

Cortney said...

I agree with Chels. Hilarious! I love the picture and that ride.

Mindi said...

Dang that is funny. Gotta love those D-land pics. Have you seen the series of Cory pics we got one year? You'll laugh till you cry.

Meags said...

i really should scan those pictures and put them on the blog. i think cory was crying in most of the pictures as well. oh how i love disneyland!!!!!

Jacki said...

It was fun wasn't it!!! I wish we could go again, not really, I hate Disneyland except for Monte Carlo at the Blue Bayou!! I would go back just for that! Love you MOM

Darla said...

That is HYSTERICAL! I love it! I wanna try that with all, what 30+ of us Bennetts. Oh..so funny.

Trisomy 13 Life with Natalia ~ Transformed by Love said...

oh my gosh, this is so funny, I have one of these with Natalia and the kids, but yours is really great! All grown up and still having fun!