Monday, June 29, 2009

A Saturday to remember...


June 27th 2009

1:00 a.m.
Went to bed after spending all day Friday packing

2:45 a.m.
Woke up to go to the bathroom (surprise, surprise)

3:30 a.m.
Finally fell back to sleep after worrying about everything that needed to be done

6:00 a.m.
Alarm went off

6:20 a.m.
Made myself get out of bed
Continued packing

8:00 a.m.
Tony and backdoor neighbor kicked it into high gear and loaded nearly all of the plain boxes into the truck and made a huge dent in a seemingly insurmountable load

10:00 a.m.
4 guys from the Elders Quorum, my mom, my aunt Joan, Cort and Rodgie and Little Kev arrived to help pack our 26 foot long moving truck while Leash and the kids entertained Indie

11:45 p.m.
Headed to our new place to drop off a load after realizing everything was not going to fit in the huge truck. Joan took Indie for the remainder of the day. Lyd, Neil and 4 people from my moms ward met us there to unload. 2 guys from the Elders Quorum stayed and mowed our lawn

12:30 p.m.
Went back to the old house to finish loading the truck

1:45 p.m.
Left for Parker and Jessica's house where we would store all of our stuff for the next two years

2:30 p.m.
Kim, Annelee, Sparky, Parker and Jessica met us there and the unloading began

3:30 p.m.
Break for a much needed lunch

4:00 p.m.
Mom and I take the huge truck back while they finish

6:00 p.m.
Mom, Lyd, Tony and I finally head for home squished in the car that, of course, doesn't have working air conditioning at the moment. I insist on driving to get us home quickly

6:21 p.m.
Get pulled over for going 80 in a construction zone and despite my sobbing breakdown we still get a ticket (he did give us a "better deal than most..." his words, not mine)

7:15 p.m.
Shower for the first time in days, all the while I am debating if we should just bag my ten year high school reunion

7:20 p.m.
Tony says we are going

7:30 p.m.
Indie arrives home from Joanie's house via Leash and Kev and mom proceeds to get her ready

7:45 p.m.
Walk out the door, wet bun and all...not exactly the way I wanted my hair to look

7:50 p.m.
Arrive at the reunion
See tons of old friends and am really glad I went

9:30 p.m.
Come home, to our new home, to find mom and dad have put together our bed, Indie's crib, our table and have set up our whole little place

10:00 p.m.
Wendy's for dinner

10:30 p.m.
Crash...hard


Words cannot express how thankful I am for the people in my life that were willing to help us move. I have come to believe that moving is one of the worst things ever. We couldn't have done it without all of you so thank you, thank you, thank you.

6 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

that was a long day just reading about it, not so0 much fun. where did you move to?

bevany said...

Wow. It sounds like it was the right thing for you guys to do if you found someone for the house so quick. It could be an interesting two years for you guys, but it's for the best, right? I hope you've been able to relax after moving everything...you don't want to go into labor yet.

Ash said...

I can't believe the cop gave you a ticket! What a crazy day, I'm sure that you were extra exhausted from doing all of that pregnant. Good for you being smart about money, it will feel awesome when he graduates with 40 grand less in the hole.

Cortney said...

We were glad to help you in any way possible. I'm so sorry it was such an awful day for you. Moving is the worst, but at least you were organized. Now just relax and slowly get your little basement put together. Take your time, don't continue to kill yourself. But if your like me, it's probably already done:)

Hardman said...

ok...so you may think this is crazy..but I was looking at a friends blog Ashlyn and came across yours...You don't know me but I just want to tell you how CUTE i think your house is...I drive by it everyday on my way to and from home...I always tell my hubby how nice the yard is and what a cute house it is...I'm glad you were able to sell so fast...It's such a small world..I live just off of Fairfield..I hope all goes well with your new adventures!!

Joan said...

Indie was the best Saturday date that I've had. She didn't even complain when I took her to the grocery store. She kept me entertained and danced to the music and didn't even ask me to buy her one thing! Okay, she got gold fish and chewed on the box along with eating about 2!! I loved every minute of it. Thanks for letting me have her. I'll take her anytime! Love you!