Monday, September 8, 2008

Two babies, two Kevins, two blessings...

Sunday was a popular day for baby blessings given by dads named Kevin.

First on the docket was Cash who received a beautiful blessing from Little Kev.

Look at this handsome little fella...

What's a blessing without a party afterwards.  Leash and Kev put on a great brunch.  I was in charge of bringing fruit and Allie gave me the idea to bring this dip.

Fruit Dip:
1/2 a block of cream cheese
1 small jar of marshmallow creme
1 small container of strawberry cool whip

Whip it up and viola...

Next up was little John who was also given a wonderful blessing by yet another Kevin.

I was assigned to bring a salad.  I am not much of cook at this time in my life, I am not sure if it is lack of energy or lack of time...probably a little of both.  So when I make something good, I even impress myself a little.  This salad was pretty easy, thanks again to Allie and, of course, allrecipes.com.

Spinach and fruit salad with candied walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette.
The happy family: Kevin, Chelsea and sleepy John.
We had a great time visiting with Chelsea's fabulous family.  It brought back a lot of memories of when we were younger...minus Chris putting Chels in a sissor lock.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Sweet beebs. I ALMOST want another one. (;

Chelsea said...

Aww the old scissor lock, I'm sure Chris would have put me in one if you would have asked.

Thanks for bringing the salad. It was obviously a big hit because that picture was the first I saw of it. It was long gone by the time I made it through the food line, I guess I'm going to have to make it myself. Thanks for bringing it Jess you are the best.

Kim Smith said...

Boy...(literally) Sunday was a big day for you. All your food additions looked amazing. You should be impressed with yourself. I am going to try them both. Oh Alison...we all love you!!

neildini said...

Hey-O. Not that this comment is about the babies, just wanted to have you update your link for me to neildini.wordpress.com.

We're up and running again over there.