Monday, June 9, 2008

A weekend in review...

After a stressful week of work for me (hence the lack of blogs) and due to the fact that Tony had to work 90% of the weekend and was on call for another 90% (doesn't quite add up you say, well that is because he was on-call for both X-Ray and C.T.  Anywho, he was at work a.l.o.t.  He even slept at the hospital two nights in a row...not as a patient.) I decided to head up to Coalville for a sleepover with my parents and Lydi.

My parents are members of Camperworld so during the summer they do quite a bit of camping...my type of camping though.  There is a pond to fish in, a river to tube down, trails to four-wheel, but then there is also a pool, a hot tub, showers, toilets, and running water.  Now we're talkin'.  Plus my parents have a sweet trailer so it really is pretty posh.  

There's just one catch...little Indie isn't sure if she likes being out of her own cribby.  We had a rough go a few weeks ago when we were camping and we thought it was because we were in a tent and it was a little chilly but even in the warm trailer she insisted on only sleeping for 6 hours and waking up every hour on the hour, I guess to keep me on my toes.  I finally brought her in bed with me and Lyd but that didn't really do the trick.  She kept shaking awake and punching me right in the face.
Here we are squished in our little bed.
Here's my dad rockin' the c-pap.
(Notice Lyd giving the thumbs up)

So when the weather turned out to be freezing (snow in the mountains...hello, what is with this weather) on Saturday and we weren't able to swim, I packed up and said adios to the family.



The highlight of my weekend was meeting this little guy...
John Hussey
My friend Chelsea went into labor 4 weeks early and this guy still weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces (that is only 11 ounces less than Ind and she was one week late.) and he was 19 inches long.  Can you imagine how big he would have been full term.  Chels had to push for 2 hours to get him out.  We are glad she did because he is as cute as a button.
Kevin, Chelsea and lil' Hussey (Tony made me write that Chels)


We did manage to find some down time on Sunday, the hospital Gods were smiling on us and Tony didn't get called in.  We enjoyed good food, family and a dip in the hot tub in mid June to warm us up.














1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Cute pic of the "girls"...scary photo of their Dad and G'pa. "Posh" is the right word for the trailor...headboard and electrical outlets. That is my kind of camping!
Little Baby John is adorable. Congratulats Chelsea! 'Lil Hussey...funny - sounds like Tony.
Glad Sunday was relaxing. Hot tub pics were great. It was even better in person. Love you guys...