Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy 60th Anniversary...

Today marks 60 years of marriage for my grandparents

Reed and Lela Rigby

To celebrate, my parents and my aunt Heather and uncle Stan, planned an open house on Saturday.  We spent the morning setting up at the Old Tabernacle in Kaysville.  Grandma's paintings, grandpa's war uniforms and family photos were on display along with her wedding gown and his tuxedo.  It was well attended and very good to see all of the people who love and support my grandparents.  

Being married 60 years is quite an accomplishment...heck, being alive long enough to be married 60 years is quite an accomplishment.  I love my grandparents so much and appreciate their love for me and my family.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

It sounds like you went over the top making it a wonderful occasion for them...wedding clothes, uniforms, paintings etc. The Rigbys do good work. I am sure it meant the world to Reed and Lela. (Did she correct him all night long?!) Good work. I wish you the same amount of married years!