Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girls Camp...

Yesterday I was able to spend the day up at Heber Valley Camp for our Stake Girls Camp.  It was a great day filled with humanitarian projects, certification olympics, mafia (a fun game the girls play), skits, campfire, good food and great girls.  
Don't you think,
this is what Maddie will look like in 9 years?...
Maybe it's just me, but even when I was showing Tony all my pictures he said it looked like Mad before I asked who he thought it looked like.  We had to help the girls put together a skit based off a Mormon Ad.  The group was made up of about 20 girls from different wards and about 90% of them were hyper little beehives which made it interesting.  This little ham wanted to be the main girl in the skit.  At one point I asked her name and she said, "Well my name is Paige but in the skit my name is Kelly."  It was hilarious because we didn't even use names in the skit.  She really got into character.

The campground was absolutely beautiful and huge too.  There were over 3,500 people there throughout the different campgrounds and I didn't see any of them.
This little guy was literally 5 feet away and he wasn't even scared of us.  They say the animals up there act differently due to the fact it is a dedicated area.  There really was a wonderful feeling there and I felt the Spirit strongly all day.
I am so glad I was able to spend the day with these amazing girls and leaders.  I love, love, love my calling right now.  I can only hope that I am having the same positive influence on these girls that my amazing leaders had on me.

No comments: