Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sweet Success...



Yesterday morning we, once again, headed to Primary Children's Medical Center so Indie could get tubes in her ears.  

I was able to hold it together better this time.  I guess because I knew what to expect and I knew she had done well under anesthesia last time.  

When the anesthesiologist came out to get Indie, Tony realized he had played basketball with him on Saturday morning at Raegan's ward.  

Coincidence, I think not.

He was super nice, a really young guy but great.  He took us on the dreaded walk to the end of the hall where you kiss your baby and he heads one way while you head the other.  

They said it would only take 30 minutes so I was getting antsy as it got closer to one hour.  Finally the doctor appeared.  He said it went really well and she was doing fine.  While she was under they did a hearing test and they found that she has mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears.  He told us we need to come back in 3 weeks and re-check her hearing again.  If she is still testing at the same levels, she may have to get hearing aids.  


Honestly...I cried.

Right there in the waiting room in front of the doctor and Tony, the receptionists, and the 30 other nervous parents waiting for their child's surgery to be over.

I cried because I thought it was one more thing my poor baby would have to deal with...

but I also cried because it could've been worse.  It could've been so much worse.

I thank Heavenly Father everyday for this perfect little angel who has forever changed my life.



I'll take hearing aids over not having her at all anyday.




10 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, Jess! She is just so sweet! I'm glad to hear the tubes went well.

sarita said...

I am seriously tearing up here! You guys are such an inspiration to me! I'm so glad things went well with the tubes. Little Indie is adorable.

Hope to see you in a couple of weeks when we visit!

allie said...

Jess you guys are amazing. We love you!!

Kim Smith said...

Honestly...I cried too and for the exact reasons you mentioned. One more thing for Angel Indie and her sweet parents to deal with. But, like you...gratitude and realization that it could always be worse. I could not be more proud of you all. You are an inspiration!! All my love and admiration...a very grateful Grandma. Indie is the joy of my life!!
"Indieday" - Wednesday was as wonderful as it always is. I am lifted by her sweet spirit and amazed at all the progress she makes from week to week.

Jacki said...

You are such great parents and do such a wonderful job, Indie is as blessed to have you as parents as you are to have her as a daughter!!! Love you MOM

bevany said...

I'm glad things went well. When Mia was being tested to get tubes in her ears they said that she had hearing loss too and could only hear 50% of what she was supposed to. A few months after her tubes her hearing tests were just fine and her hearing was normal. Hopefully it would be the same for little Indie. Good luck!

Parker or Jessica said...

We love you Indie and hope your feeling better. Jess, come and visit in California and Indie can hit up the beach :)

Brooke said...

Indie is so lucky to have such great parents. You both amaze me! Glad to hear that everything went well.

FarrEver Family said...

Hey Jess, this is Amy Farr(Hyde)
I don't know if I have commented before, but I just wanted to say You and Tony are awesome. Somedays I wish we were back in the good old first ward and got to see all of you wonderful people more often.
I hope everything goes well with your little beauty. I've known you what seems like forever, but it is still kinda weird to think of you as a mom. But then again I am having my fourth, so your little beauty shouldn't suprise me.

FarrEver Family said...

PS...if you want to see our family, our blog address is jandafarr.blogspot.com
Take Care...PS my sister in law is jealous of your hair!