Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jerry Rice ain't got nothing on him...

Earlier in the spring Kim planted these beautiful impatiens in my flower box...
  At the time Indie wasn't very good at standing up by herself and her falls were usually straight back and right onto her noggin (now she kind of hits her bum and rolls so she doesn't really hit her head).  Anyways we wanted to take a picture of her by the flowers so we leaned her up against the little wall.  I was in front taking the picture and Tony had done the leaning and was coming to stand by me to get her attention.  Before he could make it to my side she had started to fall back.  Tony had to leap, literally leap, over our flower bed and do a Superman dive to catch her little head before it hit the ground.  All the while I am doing my best man scream.  It was hilarious.

So we got the picture but as you can see Tony is spotting her.

Good catch daddy.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

I remember witnessing this potential event as I pulled away from your house that day. It could have been terrible, but it turned out hilarious instead. Thanks to the "Daddy Dive," Indie was spared any harm and Jess didn't have a complete heart attack.
Love the Indie pic - sweet little spring girl. We had fun shopping for and planting those "Red headed" flowers together.

Jamie said...

Jessica! I just saw that Chelsea has a blog and found you on her links! How are you?! You have a beautiful daughter! I just had to say hi! You can check out our blog at barefamilyblog.blogspot.com. We are going private so leave me your e-mail! So fun to see what you have been up to!
Love, Jamie