Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to life, back to reality...

Tony's break is over and what a cold, wet slap in the face it has been. Just kidding. But I really do miss him. We tried to play the crap out of his break and I think we succeeded. We were able to check off most of the things on "the list" but we almost needed a break from the break.
It took a lot of energy and planning, but I am so glad we were able to do so much. I'll be honest, I still have not gotten the hang of going anywhere alone with two kids, so it may be a while before I venture out to do things on my own.

I am slowly adjusting to two kids and getting on a schedule. I really don't know how people with a lot of kids do it, I mean really, how do they do it?!?

Anyways, it was so nice to have Tony here lending me a hand, helping with meal time or bath time, which for some reason is the hardest part of the day.


I am happy that Tony was able to spend time with Eden and get to know her. Tony has a very special relationship with Indie. When she was born he would work 7 days in a row and then have 7 days off so he was able to spend a lot of time with her. I worked part time and he would watch her, he was as good at caring for her as I was. I think they really developed a bond. I want him to have that same bond with Edie.


So I guess there won't be anymore mid-day walks to 7-11...
or days spent playing playstation...
or evenings spent watching all 5 Harry Potter's...
but it was great while it lasted.

Thanks Tony for all of the fun memories we made.
I. love. you.

4 comments:

Cortney said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun together. I'm jealous you've watched all the Harry's. We are on #4, close:) At least you have your mom and sisters close by for the extra help:)

Jacki said...

You get that from your Dad, I would be just as happy to stay home and do nothing!!!! Fun stuff! Love you!! Mom

Kim Smith said...

LOVE the "Tubby Two" and the "Tongue Twins!" Great pictures.
I am glad you were able to squeeze so much fun and memory making into the break. You really made good use of your time.
You could not deny Eden as your daughter - she is a minnie you Jess! So adorable.
Love you all...

Hannah Stayner said...

I totally know what you mean! I am going to have the hardest time adjusting when KC gets a job cause I am so used to having him around. (although income will be nice:)

There is a book called "a joyful mother of children" that I think every mom should read (I just lent it to Lindsey Smith) sounds cheesy but I LOVED it.