Thursday, November 5, 2009

A name and a blessing...


Sunday, November 1st, 2009
Eden's Blessing Day
We finally got around to blessing our sweet Eden. Never you mind the fact she is almost four months old. Had we waited much longer she would've just walked up there with Tony.

Tony gave Eden the most beautiful blessing. One of my favorite parts was when he blessed her to be a joy and a light to those around her.


When Indie was about a year old I was reading a random blog and saw the name Eden, right then I fell in love. I promptly called Tony and told him I had found the name of our next daughter...and he loved it too. Grace was my great grandma's name and I have always loved it. And that is how we came up with Eden Grace.

A few months ago, I googled the name Eden and found that it means "delight." She truly is a delight and a special part of our family.
Eden was blessed in a beautiful dress that is over 30 years old. It is the same dress I was blessed in as well as my sisters Alicia and Lydia, my niece Chloe and Indie too. My niece Maddie is the only girl in our family that didn't wear it, only because she was too chubby for it.
Edie wore these little lovelies that were hand made by my great aunt Iva Lou for my girls to wear on their blessing days.
It was a great meeting. Afterwards we had a luncheon at our/my parents home. It was great to have family and friends there. I am truly overwhelmed by how blessed I am to have an amazing husband, two beautiful daughters and supportive family and friends.

A great day indeed.

7 comments:

Joan said...

What a very cute family. It was a great day!

Lindsey Smith said...

She is getting so big! You guys have such a cute little fam:)

Brooke said...

I LOVE your family picture!! Eden looks beautiful in her dress.

Cortney said...

It was a great day. Eden is beautiful.

bevany said...

You guys are such a cute family. I have lots to comment on...
I've been meaning to tell you my good friend has a girl named Eden. I love that name. Love the meaning even more.
So awesome that you have all worn that blessing dress. It's beautiful
You look gorgeous in the pictures and so do your girls. Blessing days are so special. Congrats.

Jacki said...

Fun, fun day, we are very blessed!!!! Love MOM

Ash said...

I love all of the meaningful apparel and the beautifully written post. What a special day!