Monday, April 14, 2008

OCD+Pack Rat=not a winning combination...

I'm back...
...and as you can see, some serious progress was made.
Actually my house was clean the same night I posted those pictures last week, I just couldn't take it anymore.  
I took care of our tithing, ordered Tony's graduation announcements, got my taxes done on Friday, and even did Lydia's taxes today (nothing like leaving it to the last minute).  I am getting my life in order or at least to the point where I can function.
So here is the real issue...I mentioned "shuffling" in my last blog.  I have this problem where I let my mail/receipts/paperwork/etc. pile up and then my OCD takes over and I can't just throw it away until I "shuffle" through it and shred/recycle/scrapbook it.  Plus the fact that I like to keep (okay "hoard," Tony's word, not mine) certain meaningful things so I end up with a lot of crap.  So there's my dirty little secret...I am a shuffler.  The worst part is I really am an organized person, I love watching shows where they clean out and organize houses, Peter Walsh is my hero for pete's sake.  I even aspire to one day be an In-Home Organizer and yet I can't even practice what I preach.  So anyways I am working on it through the help of a 12 step program.  Just kidding, but I wonder if they offer programs like that.      

Thanks to Kim, Tony and Mom who each played a part in helping me gain back my sanity.

6 comments:

Mindi said...

Whoohooo! I just knew you would be back this morning! I'm so happy to see things "shuffled". I aspire to reach that point one of these days.

Kim Smith said...

"OCD" and No Drive = not a winning combination either as you know from my garage and basement. But, you give me hope.

Cortney said...

I'm so glad your back-I've missed your wonderful posts!

Megan said...

Glad I found your blog! Cute pictures, good to see you guys and I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Lee Lee said...

The house looks great - as it always does...and your broccoli salad was amazing! I want the recipe. Love from your newest blog commentor. PS your non technical Mother signed me up with my Google Reader Acct. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Woof!

Joan said...

Yea! Your back!