Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two for Tuesday...

Favorite thing for the week:

This book freaking rocks, the whole series rocks.  I seriously love it.

When Elly and I lived in Provo we decided to go to the midnight premiere of the first Harry Potter movie even though we had not read the book yet.  Before the movie the whole audience was chanting, "Harry, Harry, Harry Harry Potter."  At the time we made fun of them endlessly but I am afraid I have become one of the nerds that will be chanting along at the next premiere now that I have read the series.

J.K. has created a whole new world with a bazillion characters and develops each one so well you feel like you really know them.  I also love the magical language they use.  I just don't get how authors do it but I am glad they do.

I listened to this book on cd and Jim Dale narrates it.  He does an amazing job and I think he played a huge part in why I love the book so much.

I highly recommend you read (or listen to) this series if you haven't already.

Harry, Harry, Harry Harry Potter!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I don't know how I missed the whole Harry phase. I grabbed Le Anne's copy of the last book and read the Epilogue. I'm good with knowing how it all ends without all the work :). Cory was awfully disgusted with me when I told him I did that.