Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Feature...

Today I would like to feature my daughter

Indie Marie Smith


Indie is the most amazing little person ever. She has completely stolen our hearts.



This is me and Ton at about 5 a.m. on March 19th, headed to the hospital to be induced. We were so excited. From the very second I felt I was pregnant I loved little Indie. We couldn't wait to see her and hold her.



She was born at 10:55 p.m. after a very long day of labor. We held her long enough to take this picture and then they took her to the NICU to check her over after such a rough delivery.


Indie had to hang out in the NICU for about 5 days because she was so jaundice.



She was born "sunny side up" so her poor little face was pummeled by my pelvic bone on the way out leaving her with a bruised forehead.


Weeks later you could still see the bruises and we had to use a billy blanket at home to continue to keep her billy rueben levels down from the jaundice.

For those of you that didn't know Ind was also diagnosed with Partial Trisomy 13 which is a genetic disorder. You can read more about that here and here. You can read more about her birth here.

Indie is doing so extremely well and we are so blessed to have her in our lives. There is an overwhelming feeling of joy I have as her mother. I didn't know I could love someone so completely and I thank Heavenly Father for entrusting her to me.

I love you Boozie.

3 comments:

allie said...

Indie is an angel and we love all 3 of you! Great post!

sarita said...

I love this post! I have never seen her perform in real life but I've heard that she goes wild in her bouncer! So cute!

Brooke said...

What a neat post! I got a little choked up reading it. Thanks for sharing!