Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Feature...

This week I want to feature my parents:

Kevin Reed Rigby and Jaclynne Beecher Rigby

What do I say about the two most influential people in my life?!  My parents are amazing.  They are the most stellar examples of true love.  They met in November of 1971 when my mom was 16 and my dad was 19.  One of my favorite stories is of their first meeting.  She was a car hop at King's Drive In and he was fresh home from boot camp.  She said, "are you Kevin Rigby's older brother?" and he said, "I  am Kevin Rigby."  I love it.  They dated for about 2 1/2 years and were married in 1974.  They have been happily married for almost 34 years.

My dad is the hardest worker I know.  If I (or anyone else) need a job done I call my dad.  He is so handy, so reliable and always willing to help.  I have learned many things about many facets of life by watching him like yardwork, gardening, hunting, fishing, roofing or fixing anything. 

My mom is the most multi-talented person I know.  She can do it all.  If I have a question about cooking, cleaning, laundry, paying bills, grocery prices, sewing, crocheting, babies, feeling sick or just about anything else I can call her and she will have the answer.

My parents have shown me how to be a good wife, mother and person.  I have learned how to be financially secure by their example, how to care for items I own like my cars and home, and how to enjoy everything life has to offer.  

They are the most welcoming people, everyone knows they can alway come to Aunt Jack and Uncle Kev's for a good time.  We have an extremely close extended family, most of my best friends and my siblings best friends are our cousins and I attribute that to the fact that my parents have always placed such emphasis on family.



The "Original Five"
The rare occasions we get together sans husbands and babies.


The girls


Proud parents to Alicia, Jessica and Lydia
(Kevin and Tony too)


Proud grandparents to Chloe, Madison, Indie and baby Hatch

Thank you for shaping me into the person I am today.  I love you both more then you will ever know.



3 comments:

Cortney said...

That was very thoughtful and fun to read. I love the Friday Features!!! Kev and Jack truly are great.

Jacki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacki said...

Aunt Jack said...
Yup, cried in the first 2 lines and Dad had to finish reading it to me! There is no greater reward in life, than to have as wonderful and thoughtful of a daughter as you are!!!! Love MOM