Monday, February 4, 2008

A shower, a football game, a new trick, a challenge and almost an avalanche...

Welcome to the most random post ever, but I guess you could say I had a random weekend.

A shower

My cousin Cortney is getting married on the 16th of this month (stay tuned for that post) and her shower was on Saturday.











These are my cousins Cortney, Chelsea, Lindsey and Ashley enjoying the delicious food.

Cort is opening the little number Alicia and I gave her.  What's a bridal shower without a little bomp bomp.

The quilt was made with love by my aunt Joan, Cortney's mom.










A football game

We went to Nana and Gaga's (Tony's grandparents) home for the Superbowl.  As usual there was great food including and not limited to shrimp, chili dogs, and the best cheese fondue.
Four generations of Eggintons














                                 A new trick

Tony does several tricks with Ind and I trust him for the most part.  When others gasp I normally laugh but this one has got me a little scared.  Normally he holds her with one hand and if she were to fall he could catch her with the other but in this case if she were to fall she would basically be a goner.  Tony says he would just hold on to her feet really tight but if she had slippery socks on...let's not even think about it.

Almost an avalanche

I came outside the other day only to find a good 4 inches of snow hanging from our roof.  I am not sure if you can tell by these pictures but it was quite amazing.














   

A challenge

I was just reading my family blog and there was talk of a Book of Mormon challenge starting today.  The challenge is to read the entire BOM in 97 days for the 97 years that President Hinckley lived.  I am definitely up for this challenge.  However, I am going to cheat a little...I am going listen to it.  I have it on my iPod and I find it is a lot easier for me to listen to things these days rather than to read them.  I guess that still counts?!

Are you up for the challenge...
                                   

2 comments:

J said...

Haha, a little bomp bomp.

Britnie said...

I have decided to accept your challenge on reading/listening to the BOM in 97 days. I don't know if I can do it in 97 days but I'm giving it a try.