Thursday, March 6, 2008

Am I a good mom or what...

Tony was on call for CT at the hospital last night and was called in from 12:30 to 2:30 a.m.  So this morning I was trying to let him sleep in while I got ready for work.  I put the baby in her bouncer in the doorway of the bathroom while I jumped through the shower.  Halfway through my shower I hear a loud crash and I think, "hmm I didn't give her a toy big enough to make that noise if she dropped it."  I peek out through the crack in the door to see only her little legs laying on the floor.  I start screaming for Tony, jump out of the shower that is still running, buck naked and soaking wet.  Indie is just laying on the floor with her bouncer still around her.  Poor Tony is awakened from a dead sleep by my screaming and comes tearing into the bathroom.  I ask if she is okay through tears, she doesn't even cry or make a peep so I guess she didn't get hurt too bad.
Indie had been bouncing so much that the bouncers strap had come undone.  Luckily it wasn't the whole thing that fell on her or it could've been a lot worse.
Here is the scene of the crime...toys strewn all over and what you can't see is the water on the floor from me dripping all over.  It really scared me but when I realized she was okay it was kind of funny to think of her just laying there.  She probably didn't know what was going on, one second she is bouncing away the next she is on the floor with me screaming.  It was crazy.




Temple trip #2
I know it is technically March already but the Temples were closed during the last week of February when we were going to go so we counted today's visit for February.  We went to the Ogden Temple and did initiatories.  It was really nice.
We left Indie with her first babysitter, that's right, she is almost one year old and we have never left her with anyone besides parents, grandparents or siblings.  Katy babysat her which I guess doesn't really count either because she is practically family.  We love her and trust her with our little Indie Boo.  Thanks Katy!

Post Script:
Sadly our friend Rob Epperson, the one I wrote about on Monday, passed away today.  I put their families name in at the Temple but please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Thats good you trust me with ind, ha ha. Yes you are a good mom, that post was really funny LOL!!