Monday, March 3, 2008

Together Forever...

In September I went to Washington for my cousin Brind's wedding.  While I was there I met a pretty great family.  Now this is normal considering my cousins always introduce us to great people (best example: Brandon Smith) but since September that family has gone from great to absolutely amazing in my book.
This is Rob and Patti Epperson.  They are truly hilarious and as nice as can be.  From the first time we met we were talking and joking like we had known each other forever.  In December I found out that Rob had been diagnosed with cancer.  One night he is playing indoor soccer and scoring all the points and the next night he is throwing up so much they take him to the hospital only to find out he has cancer.  It has all happened in a flash.
Since the very moment they heard this news they have not complained.  They have put their trust in the Lord and have had a great attitude.  You can follow their story by clicking on the Rob Epperson link on the side of my blog.  


In December we found out that Tony's cousins who had tried for a long time to have a baby were finally pregnant.  They went in to be induced and found that the baby had passed away.  The girls body went into labor and she had to deliver the poor little baby and they discovered that the cord was wrapped around her neck.  I cannot think of many things that would be harder then this situation.  I look back on how excited Tony and I were going in to have Indie; the nursery was ready, all of her clothes were hanging in the closet, we had packed a bag for the hospital with little baby clothes, etc. etc. and then to think of coming home empty handed...it honestly breaks my heart.  That little sweet heart must have been a chosen daughter of our Heavenly Father who needed a body for but a moment.

I wanted to tell these two stories to show just how precious life is.  I am so grateful that I have the beliefs I do and I know that there is life after death.  I think both of these families are amazing, they are great examples of strength, hope, and love.  My heart aches for them to be happy despite their situations.  I know that eventually their families will be...
together forever.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That was a great post! A tear came down my cheek when i was reading it:)