Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Feature...

Today I would like to feature Tony's mom...

Kim Smith

Kim grew up in Bountiful and now lives in Sandy.  She works at St. Mark's Hospital as a Cardiology Technician.  Kim is artistic, musically talented, creative and classy.  Her house is beautifully decorated with wonderful works of art.  She can play the piano like Mozart and encouraged her children to learn the violin and cello.  She raised two stellar sons and one of which I was lucky enough to snag.  I feel I am a blessed person to be a part of this wonderful family.
Kim is the type of mother-in-law that every girl dreams of.  You know those nightmare stories about MIL's, yeah I don't have any of those.  Kim is as good to me as my own mom.  She spoils us like nobody's business.  She drives all the way from Sandy every Wednesday to watch Ind while I go to work, and loves it so much that she has dubbed that day "Indieday" instead of Wednesday.  One time she even cleaned my bathrooms while she was there, it was great.  Kim takes us on trips, makes us dinner every other Sunday and just makes us feel loved whenever we are near her. 
Here are Tony's thoughts...
"Mom, as you know, I think the world of you... you are the most inspirational person that I have ever known.  Your capacity to love unconditionally is a wonder to all who meet you and is felt by so many, me especially.  I have always admired you and your strength.  You have been my greatest champion throughout my life and I owe much of who I am today to your wonderful example.  You have been given many talents in your life and shared them with many people, however, the greatest talent that you have ever been given and possessed, is your ability to be a Mother (and now Grandmother...).  In my short time as a Dad, I have come to know a love that is deeper and more complete than I have ever known, for my own child... and it amazes me that I never knew or understood, until now, just how much that is, and that you have loved me that much for my whole life.  Knowing that, I feel closer to you now than I ever have before and I am so grateful that we have such a great relationship.  I love you so much, and will always need you..."
Here's proof that Kim was just a little more than excited to be getting two grandbabies...
This is what her Christmas tree looked like in 2006.
She made all of the adorable decorations,
and wrapped every gift to perfection.
Kim we are so grateful for you in our lives and we love you more than tongue can tell.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

I am touched beyond belief!! I am not worthy...but I am grateful for your expressions of love. I know it and feel it as surely as I know anything! You are both so dear to me and I cherish the closeness and comfortable, open relationship we share. I am so glad you have each other...and that as a result....we all have Indie! "Indieday" is better that all the milk chocolate in the world! Watching your children have children is the most incredible experience. I am so proud of the wonderful parents you both are. It is my blessing and honor to be your Mother, "MIL" (Mother In Love) and Indie's Grammie! My life is rich, full and gratifying because of you. I am the very proud Matriarch of the Smith Family...two sons...two Jessicas...and two grandbabies. I am grateful to be wrapped in the arms of your love. Thank you for this sweet recognition! MOM

alysha said...

WOW!!! That tree! and the presents.
You guys are lucky to have her, she is the best!!